Wednesday, January 30, 2008

i thought i liked traveling

so i am mid route...well actually i haven't left the united states yet but i feel like i've already flown across the world. i am a chronic over-packer and i have been carrying aound my 60lbs during my 9 hour layover in LA. my friend jimmy who lives in here was nice enough to hang out with me for a little while today dispite the fact that it was his birthday and he could have been doing way cooler things. i must really sound like i'm complaining...i not. i'm way tired and my camera is deciding not to work! but all in all i am on an adventure that i'm excited about. i'm gonna sleep on the plane and i will be a new woman in the morning!

maybe its a good thing i'm not posting a picture, i've had two people at the airport tell me i look exhausted!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey the getting there isn't always easy and I wish I could wiggle my nose and put you in the middle of a paint ball battle but I can't so stay easy and get as much sleep as you can. I wish you could throw me on the bed......love you so, momma

Anonymous said...

Hey Jen Jen! So excited for you...can't wait to hear what everything is like there!! Hope that vaseline in your nose is keeping you well :)
Sarah

Anonymous said...

paintball, hiking, sustainable living? just don't go all "thespian" on me, K? When you come back we're gonna have to do lunch, go shopping, gossip, and apply lots of lipgloss..IM GONNA MISS YOU!!

heather forever said...

also, don't ever apologize about complaining...I want to hear the good and the bad..traveling can be totally exhausting..(don't forget to shave your pits!)

Anonymous said...

This is from Ni Ni-
why did you send it back?
jfkdfhfhshhskwyyfgjdgcmvfx
i lovvve you
cvdfwecvsdefgcvbderygjkgdfcvgtrcxz

(this is her mama. she's talking about an email that we wrote you that we got back. we must have an incorrect address or something)

Sarah Joanis said...

Hey Gulliver! LA, huh? Sounds just as exciting as New Zealand. Although anything sounds more exciting than 12 inches of snow in Chicago! We miss you!

Anonymous said...

Since it is always about me, I have a complaint: I wrote a really funny comment yesterday, sent it in and it doesn't appear. This is not good.

I will try sending this post in to see if it appears later. Or, could it be, J Jo, that you are editing out my comments?
The Man Who is Uncle

heather forever said...

ummm..stop having amazing experiences already and start posting more blog!!
less fun..more blog.

Anonymous said...

More blog! I agree, hey maybe we should just take over this site with our great life stories....ok let's see...I aaa well today um my a, it's a I am gonna go watch my program right now so I will write later. Stay tuned!

Anonymous said...

Hey, Big Mama, I agree. Power to the people. It is time we throw off the man (woman) and claim this blog as our own.

The Man Who is Uncle

Big Momma said...

where in the world are you and what are you up to? we are covered in snow and cold and there are no good movies on and I am eating even tho I am not hungry....I wait to hear something soon!

heather forever said...

Me and Chris just ate bad Chinese food in Downer's Grove with Karoline..they said they omitted the MSG but, judging by the way Christopher feels right now, it was clearly a LIE! If this is the way they do food in the burbs we might just have to stay put. I was also noticing that there a A LOT of strip malls out there..can't we just have the best of both worlds? What do you think Jenny?

heather forever said...

This is from Chris:

Hi Jenny, hope you had fun paintballing. Maybe we can go sometime when you get back!

This is from Heather:

ew.

bigmama said...

Ok still no bag and I am getting to know every baggage and customer service person at air new zealand and uniteds office in new dehli. Never never never fly united (its real name is untied) bad bad airline should have shut down when they went bankrupt! Jen, you sound great even with the cold coming on and I hope you are enjoying your first day of work. Dig shovel pick hack....think of your new muscles! I love you more than a million.

Anonymous said...

So I think we have taken this over everyone...um let's see, I went to brunch today, stopped at kinko's, and returned something at the mall...top that adventure...oh and watched cinderella
Sarah

heather forever said...

oh no! you've lost luggage? and you have a cold? chin up..things could be worse! You could be doing manual labor..oh wait..