Sunday, February 17, 2008
on the way home...
on our charter off the island we were fortunate enough to ride on a marlin boat with captain billy. it was something out of a movie with the fish jumping and whipping around out of the water. it put up such an intense fight for an hour that it had died by the time we got it on the boat. when we returned to town many people had caught word that a marlin was caught and they came to the dock with cameras to watch the weight-in. it was almost 200lbs.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
20 comments:
jenny you are in a beautiful part of the world, enjoy it, you look wonderful and happy, wish I could be there to share it with you....xoxoxoxo love your daddy boy :-{}
ps tell those kiwi's your daddy could have caught that fish with his bare hands! / :-@
Jenny hi from So. IL - wow you're doing a wonderful thing! More pics more pics more pics. You're beautiful. Karen and fam.
The card you gave Bobby for his b-day was so hilarious!
I just don't know about this...
So I was totally expecting to see you jump into that video and haul that fish out of the water. You should have taken a picture of it and then put it on a sweatshirt with the quote..."I caught a Fish and it was This Big!". Then you and your dad could have matching shirts. Then, you could wear them on the same day (maybe making one for Emmy and your mom) and then take a picture and send it as a Christmas card or something. Then you could get a mini-shirt made for Emmy's baby! It would be hilarious!!
We miss you lots!
Okay...I have a story for today: My stomach is not feeling well and I ended up throwing up my lunch in the bathroom at work. Mid-puke, the woman in the stall next to me starts talking to me! "What's wrong with you? Do you have the flu? If you have the flu, you should stay away from me!" As if I would hang out with a woman who is trying to diagnose me from the next bathroom stall!! Ew.
Icky Tummy Tip #1: Try not to vomit in the toilets at work. You don't know whose bottom has been on them. It only makes the vomiting worse when you think about it.
Miss you!!
Sarah, that goes for shopping puks too- no tellin what might be on those seats...not to mention the chemicals they use to clean them! I hope you feel better and hope that lady in the stall next to you gets the flu! not to be vengeful but come on...
Jackie
Oh yeah, hi Jen!
Sarah Joanis- you need to tell me who that woman is because I'm going to come to your work and puke in her lap. Hi Jenny, I miss you.
Jen, things sound so good there. I wish there were some way we could build that kind of place somewhere here. We are going to have to be on the lookout. I am so glad to hear you are feeling so strong. Maybe now you could take on Emmy. Oh yeah you can't she has a baby in her belly. Well, me and daddy are off to the citee and then who knows what kind of fun we will have on this gray day. MacKenzie had us all to her bday party at Beck and Dick's and we had a dance party! Really wish you were there! love love love, mommy
Jen Jen!! We do miss you...I almost asked when Jenny was coming over at M's party yesterday...but so glad you are having fun and exploring all the things most of us will never get to see...it just amazes me the things you do..such a great adventure...one that I hope Mackenzie never wants to go on because I would worry constantly..no just kidding...keep sending pics and have fun!!! You need to do a movie about these travels you go on!
Sarah
Ok you bloggers...sometimes I get info cause I am the momma- well here is the latest, two days at Cathedral Cove NZ- quite spectac....surfing and caving! Have fun miss Jenny and think of all of us while you bask in the sun! love you http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Te_Whanganui_A_Hei
Hey,Jen,
Your surroundings look like the most fabulous dream. Over here we have reams of SNOW! I can't wait to hear all about your adventure. You won't believe our little( I use the term loosely, he's almost 14 lbs. now)Aidan. I send you all my love and I send you the blessed and wonderful ,peaceful feeling that I have when I am holding him.xoxoxoxoxoxxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoenjoy and live it up,dear one! Kathy
so the Mama gets the updates while the rest of us are left here waiting in agony for the next post??? Well, I guess that is okay. So you are a spelunker now? That is awesome! Did you wear a helmet with a big flash light on it? Were there bats and did their lips nibble on your toes like the stingrays?
The name of this cove (Whanganui) makes me want to Wang Chung tonight!!
Love you & blog more!!
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum! Viva la marlin!
miss you kiss you.
NZ sounds amazing. What a moment you are having.
love Lindsay
I have to tell you, I am super jealous of all of your adventures. Not that my 8 hours a day in a cubicle isn't also super fun, but it looks like you are having an amazing time! Keep posting so the rest of us can live vicariously though you!
Watch out for those sting rays too...
Ummmmm.....patiently waiting. Not to bug you or anything, but I don't really have a lot to do at work so I check your blog like 900 times a day for an update. The locals are getting restless!!
Jenny you picked a really good winter to be gone.
hey J bomb- I just got back from Indiana. I spent the weekend with John and Andrea working on projects and I learned how to make soap. It was semi decent weather Saturday and today was really nice. I learned all about making soap and oils and fragrances and it was great. Jon asked me to be in a show with him at a gallery in Michigan City. The show is called Black and White and he made a ceramic piece, oval shaped with circles on it, all black and burnished. My piece is a response to his. The circles are in the same place but mine is a black velvet and the circles are all different fabrics. I feel good about it so far. I am going to Belize with my mom for 2 weeks and I leave in 2 weeks. I can't wait for adventures and sun. Big kiss- Lindsay
Jenny Where are you? Jenny Where are you, I'm programmed for you! I know we're worlds apart...still you can break my heart...waiting for blogs is all I can do! (Sung to the tune of Marvin by Dr. Demento-it is about a robot in outer space who is trying to find true love and he comes across an old program of a girl robot singing to him)
Post a Comment