so i've made it to the valley. not without a few bumps...well gigantic bolders in the road (i tend to exagerate). anyways my flight from la to sydney pretty horrible...and late, so by the time we got into sydney we had to run to the other side of the airport all "home alone" style. i caught my flight but as you can imagine my baggage did not. not such a good thing when all you depend on you carry on your back. i at least have my bathing suit and a few pairs of underware but i've had to resort to buying men's boxers at the super market to double as shorts. needless to say i didn't get a glimps of myself in the mirror for a few days then at a restaurant bathroom i realized the boxers didn't quite pass as shorts!
the second i got off the bus and met up with my group we were off to a paintball game. it was pretty intense but a blast. we camped by a lake that night and i woke up to the sounds of dozens of different birds. some sounded like computer noises and some sounded like wind instuments and together it sounded like nothing i had ever heard before.
i already love all of the people i am living with. we are working on the property planting flax. its hard work but totally amazing and at the end of the day we go swimming in the watering hole with a waterfall and rocks to jump from.
i am sunburnt, tired, and sweaty but loving every single moment of it. i don't have very much computer access so i will try as much as possible to update but it might be not so often.
next week we are off to a wildlife island to camp on the beach for a week.
i love and miss you all and hope all is well back home.
i cannot load pictures yet but will try soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
15 comments:
I close my eyes and picture you running through the airport, strutting through town with mens boxers, and waking up to thousands of exotic birds. I am so glad you are with good people and love the work. I miss and love you baby doll. momma
Sounds pretty amazing! Which is just what you need!
Keep it coming! We will all live vicariously..... :) I love hearing about your adventures.
Oh my God- I love and hate you at the same time! What is the watering hole like! Not fair! Are you having a good time working too? That actually sounds like it would be a lot of fun. What are you working on? Those birds sound totally crazy awesome! You should try to record them. I love you mostly. Keep having a totally incredible time or whatever.
I don't know if you get this sort of news in New Zeland but ummmm....this might be the biggest news of all time. New Kids on the Block are putting together a reunion concert! AWESOME! Hope you are "Hangin Tough" because you got "The Right Stuff, Baby"!
So, did you have deodorant in your backpack? Or did you just go all European and not wear any (which I would understand since you are trying to snag a European man and that is what they like...the stench of a real woman) :)
Miss you tons!
a NKOTB reunion? no way!! I will go to the concert wearing my t-ball shirt from the third grade, which says "the right stuff" on the front because that was the name of the team because we were that cool..
Let's hope that he is not European, but that he is from Chicago and lives in Europe during the cold winters here because he is so rich and can do just as he pleases! OR, I suppose it will also be acceptable to meet a European man whose multi-billion dollar company he can control from either Chicago or Italy, but will only let you come to Italy with him if you bring all of your family and friendfamily with you. Love you!!!
Jenny you are the coolest!! I can't wait for the next update. The chorus of bird calls sounds really fantastic and a seems like it would be such a nice greeting into a new environment. They were welcoming you.
Good luck with your luggage, and keep rocking on in those boxers. -Jill
So another tidbit of information that you might not get in the NZ...our baby is the size of a rigatoni noodle. Yes, it made the headlines here, but I don't know if it got all the way to NZ. Plus, I bought my first pair of maternity pants b/c my bump was not fitting into my normal pants anymore and they are awesome! It is like wearing fat pants all of the time! Emmy-if you are reading this...they are totally worth the $20 I spent at Old Navy!
Love you Jen...and find your man...rich or poor but I like Heather's condition...WE ALL GO TO ITALY!!
ni ni says:
nniivbnhyuiopwasxc fgt nj vf bhfufu vf n hjt seq nbnbvgtj nhtfc uy bvc uhfk,k ou bg nhtr cvbhmjbyj gidpji loyhyu nvnbi jugiojhjh ghfg what are you doing?hbdw (nini's just writing you a little joke)oi vbgbvcf :)
Well, Jen I know you are on a remote island - an animal sanctuary that you had to be boated out to that has no electricity and you are sleeping on the beach for a week with the luggage that was delivered the night before you left but I also looked at the weather and wonder where you will go if that rain comes. We are all waiting to hear your next installment...Rumor has it that there are cute boys in your group, rumor has it that you are working really hard all day on the farm and swimming in a water hole with a waterfall after work, rumor has it that you are dirty and sunburnt and that you are up all night laughing with your NZ roommate. Truth be told...when we win the lottery this friday we are flying all your friends and family and family friends down to the north island to share your good times, ok?
To live for five days on nothing but what you had on your back and still love it tells me you can do anything and everything. I am so proud of my daughter!! Despite your father you still turned out awesome!! XXOOXX Daddy boy.
I'm so glad you brought your camera. I can't wait to get a close look at your NZ adventure. Hey, while you are there see if you can get me a Flight of the Conchords T-shirt. They are from there you know. Have fun planting flax.
Stay away from the Hobbits!
Love, Kevbo
We miss you!!! Have you composted all the poo on the island yet? Did you meet a cute Farm Boy? And do you call him Farm Boy like Buttercup does in the Princess Bride? If you do, I hope you use a New Zeland accent!
Your next post better be soon and it better be long..I don't want to hear any excuses about how you're too hard at work in the flax field cuz PUH-LEEZ..we know you, K? that all I'm gonna say...hahahahahaha
Great to see your beautiful face in paradise! All looks grand! I'm thinking of you and sending you lots of LOVE xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxxoKathy
Post a Comment